All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Empty John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:05 pm
Next to losing my wife, this is the saddest post I have ever had to make on any modelling website and I sincerely hope I never have to make another like it.

Over the years I knew John, he became a great friend and confidant to me and I him. He and his lovely wife Patrica, helped me enormously in coping with the death of my wife of 42 years, back in October 2017, inviting me to visit him in their home city of S.L.C for however long I wished to stay. I stayed with them for three weeks. When he dropped me off at the airport for my return journey home, he gave me the biggest bear hug you could imagine and then told me he loved me. We both had tears in our eyes when finally we parted.

John was a giant of a man and not just physically, in every sense of the word. He had the right values too and many is the time we 'put the world to rights' during our regular Skype video sessions.

He was born in California and until he retired was a CHP Law Enforcement Officer, starting on motorcycles and then on to cars. He was proud of the fact that he never drew his gun in anger and never had to shoot anyone, despite being in a number of dangerous situations. His two brothers were also cops in other parts of the U.S.A.

After he retired he and Pat moved to SLC, Utah to be with their two lovely daughters and their families.

He and Pat, met in high school and from then on, spent their entire lives together.

His original interest in models was in model raiways, which is where he developed his love for building diorama's and it was he that was solely resposnsible for getting me to do the same, just as I was responsible in getting him to 'come over to the darkside' and start bulding military vehicles. He taught me about 'weathering diorama's' and I taught him about weathering military vehicles.

R.I.P. my friend, I miss you more than you will ever know.

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Png-cl11
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was not the easiest kit I have ever worked with and there were several fit issues, noticeably with body and hood/radiator cowl fit. Some of which I was able to fix but some not.

Anyway it is finished and it is my tribute to my late good friend whom I am proud to call by brother...... John Johnson..... A.K.A. JohnJ

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8711

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8712

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8710

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8713

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8715

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8714

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8716

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8717

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Dscn8718
beowulf
beowulf

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Empty Re: John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 pm
'32 Ford High Boy, 1/25, Revell

Pretty good kit but i was sort of pushed into making it as the High Boy rather than a rodded Coupe, cos i didnt like the fit of the fenders/running boards......lots of options in the box such as engines, wheels, body bits, etc so its a bit of a mix and match

paint is 'madder red' by Mr Hobby and is a bit shiney!!......hard to take pics without reflections no matter what the angle!

wiring up the engine was as far as i went in dressing it up

made it so i can take off the hood to show off the motor

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 142

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 238

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 340

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 435

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 533

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 624

Al. likes this post

dublin boy
dublin boy

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Empty Re: John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:43 pm
Lovely pair of 32 Model B Fords lads.

John would have loved them.
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:48 pm
Apologies Paul, can't believe I've not replied in THREE weeks.!!!!

Ain't nothing wrong with a Hi Boy Paul and your looks great. Nice one.

beowulf likes this post

Spanky 19
Spanky 19

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 am
My modified Ford F100 is complete and is based on a similar build I saw John start on another site and respectfully displayed below:  

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 69_for12

The basis for my build was the AMT Ford F100 from the 70's that I had in my parts box.  Highlights of the modifications are:  
- Channel Chop
- Shelby hood scoop molded in
- GTO grill from the "Raider Coach" widened, flattened and molded in
- Monogram Cuda front bumper molded in
- Front splash pan from (I think) a Johann Caddy
- Rear bumper is a (I think) a front bumper from a GTX widened and molded in
-  Bed shortened 5mm
- Tailgate from an 80's era Monogram Ford truck and molded in.
-  Bed cover made with a rear wing crafted from round and flat stock
-  The side indentations filled and sanded smooth
- All trim sanded smooth

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6618
John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6619
John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6620
John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6622
John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6621
John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Img_6624

beowulf likes this post

Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:05 pm
Sorry I missed this one Chris.

Nice job and you have certainly captured the spirit of John's original concept. John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 2970059230 John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. 2970059230
Spanky 19
Spanky 19

Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:39 pm
My 70 Bonneville finished as a fictitious "Hurst" edition is completed. With the exception of parts box bucket seats, it is straight from the box.

John J Memorial Build..... Finished Models. Fulls162

beowulf likes this post

Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:01 pm
Thanks again Chris.

My thanks also go to everyone who participated in this tribute to my very dear departed friend.

Al.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum