All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beowulf
beowulf

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Empty 'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:26 pm
This is the discussion thread for the next Group Build which will start on Feb 1st

the GB will be a Memorial one for our late colleague, John and the theme will be American Cars only

the usual GB rules will apply

Group builds will run for a period of three months from the start date.

You can enter a group build at any time during the three month period.

No more entries permitted in a group build once the three month period has expired.

Group builds do not have to be completed in the three month period and finished group builds can still be posted in the appropriate finished thread at any time after this period.

You must post all of your progress only in the group build thread.

Please post your finished group build in the appropriate 'Finished Group Builds'  thread.

Part started kits are allowed but must be no more than 20% started.

Please use this thread to discuss and ask questions

the build thread will be created closer to the start date
dublin boy
dublin boy

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Empty Re: 'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 pm
Well, myself and John did a twin build of the old amt Model T kit, both built as weathered black pick up trucks back in the escale days.

I managed to drop it a couple of years ago, but I still have all the parts, it's not that bad really.

Best excuse ever to fix it up

Nice idea Paul boy. 'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread 2970059230
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Empty Re: 'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:44 pm
That's a terrific idea Paul. Well done for thinking of it.

When I was last cross the pond to see him, this is one of the kits he game me to come home with:

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6430

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6432

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6431

I'd already made a start on it but only got the paint laid so I guess that qualifies for the no more than 20% started rule. At least I hope it does as it seems appropriate for me to get it done in this memorial build.

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6433

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6434

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6435

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Dscn6436
Webby
Webby
Location : Strathpine, Australia on a built over WW2 airstrip.

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:54 am
Great colour choice Al, and a sweet Pz 4 lurking.
Spanky 19
Spanky 19

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:35 am
Great idea Paul!

After reading Al's memorial posting I went back to Skids place and looked through some of John's incredible builds/posts. My first contribution to the Memorial Build is based on Al's recollection of meeting John and attending the salt flats competition in 2018 ... it'll be MPC's Pontiac Bonneville.

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Fulls120
'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Fulls121
'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread Fulls122
Spanky 19
Spanky 19

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:24 pm
The second build I will be posting is based on a custom Ford truck that John had posted some in progress shots on Skids Place (not sure if he ever finished it). Here is a picture I had saved from that post and inspiration for my rendition of the truck.

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread 69_for10
beowulf
beowulf

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:08 pm
had a look through the stash and im surprised how few american cars there are in there

decided to go with this

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread El_cam11

Spanky 19 likes this post

beowulf
beowulf

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:42 am
so not long now before the start

i will create the thread later on when i get the chance

any one else joining in?
beowulf
beowulf

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:46 pm
change of plan..................been in the El Caminos box and not too impressed.......so might try this '32 Coupe instead

comes with lots of bits in the box, prefer to do a fendered version rather than the hi boy or gasser, but with the hi boys bigger v8 and no sides to the hood so its on show, but we shall see once i get into it

'JohnJ Memorial GB'............discussion thread 32_for11
dublin boy
dublin boy

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 pm
The smallblock is nice Paul, it's a lovely kit.

If Tamiya built a Hot Rod it wouldn't be much better.

beowulf likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum