All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) Empty Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!)

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:50 am
I got a bee in my bonnet to build another plane. Specifically a jet fighter. Well, the Tornado is my favourite and so a Tornado it had to be:

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) It000710

The bee was so strong, I didn't do a WIP.

ot a bad kit (1:72) but it did have some fit issues with the air intakes plus they are way out of shape. Some problems also with the lower and upper fuselage fit on the nose. This entailed filling and sanding, a recipe for obliterating the already fine panel detail!!b Oh well!!.

The build went OK but I had some issues of my own making with the paint. The nearest paint I could find to the correct shade was Humbrol enamel Pale Stone. Now I rarely use enamels and I'd forgotten the rules of application. Results was some crazing!!!

I didn't attempt any weathering as I'm leaving that until later in the year when I do a 1:48 version.

Anyway, I managed to sand most of it out and while it's not brilliant by any means, it is what it is and I'll live with it.

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0023011

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0032413

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0041911

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0052011

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0061711

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0071711

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0082011

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) 0091411

Spanky 19
Spanky 19

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) Empty Re: Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!)

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:03 pm
A crisp and clean build Al. Really presents well; great pictures also.
dirkpitt289
dirkpitt289
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGuy/videos?flow=grid&vi

Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!) Empty Re: Saudi Tornado ECR. Desert Storm (aka Al's Tonka Toy!!!)

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:34 pm
Nice, clean build
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am
Thanks both.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum