All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mrmike
mrmike
https://www.facebook.com/mrmikesscalemodelcars/

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Empty 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 pm
The cloudy sky is getting dark and the wind is starting to blow! It is starting to rain and it is falling harder and harder! The ground is shaking as the wind blows harder and harder! Oh no, oh no, OH NO!!! Mr. Mike is building another...gasp...another Chevrolet! Yes folks, I am building another Chevrolet and I am also including another McNally, Boston PI story with it. Nobody in this story resembles anyone dead or alive.

The Build
This is the Revell Impala SS Snaptite kit #6399 from many years ago. My goal is to paint the body with Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red over a black primer with a medium grey interior and the wheels will get a coating of Testors Dullcoat to knock down the shine of  the chrome.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS AM5xvPK
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Z1wIHHD
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS JWOXyiv

The Story
Jonathan Trenton is telling Det. Steven Darvell about the attempt on his life. Trenton decides to stay at a Hotel since he feels unsafe at home and he walks back to his condo as Darvell gets into his car. Then, BAM BAM and Trenton is dead on the steps of his condo. Darvell gets out of his car and he waddles quickly to Trenton's lifeless body and he sees a man getting into an orange Dodge Charger and speeding away. Darvell fires a couple of shots from his Glock G22 .40 Caliber pistol, but he doesn't stop the car.

McNally pulls into his driveway in is Charger SRT8 Super Bee and he stops at the back door. He gets out to unload his groceries from the trunk when he is surrounded by cops with their guns drawn. He raises his hands and says, "What's going on, guys?" Darvell walks over to him and places him under arrest and places him in a Patrol Car for the trip to Boston Police Headquarters. There is a bag of groceries on the ground and Darvell kicks it with a smile on his face and a milk carton in the bag starts leaking through the bag and onto the ground.

McNally will return...

Last edited by mrmike on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrmike
mrmike

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Empty Re: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:52 pm
The Story
McNally is placed in an Interrogation Room and chained to a metal table by Det. Darvell.  A woman walks into the room and McNally is shocked to see who it is...Caitlyn Scotsen, his ex-girlfriend!  She is the ADA on this case and was about to question McNally when Attorney Charlotte Rothmann walks in exclaiming that the interrogation was over and McNally was to be released with all charges dropped.  McNally wasn't Mirandized by any cop or detective.  Lt. Det. Troy walks in and gives a folder to the ADA and she reads it and announces that McNally will be released with all charges dropped.
Charlie and McNally are stopped by the exit by ADA Scotsen who tells them that McNally is in big trouble.  He may have gotten his PI License back without his gun and permit and she is in the process of his license revoked.  Charlie demands that no investigation was conducted and her client is innocent and McNally gets between the two ladies and he says that he will find the guilty party with or without a PI License and no body will stop him.

The Build
I assembled part of the engine followed by body cleanup.  I wondered how the Impala SS would look with white lettered tires.  I used my white Gelly Roll pen for the letters.  If I don't like the look of them, I'll wipe the tires off.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS JAqamJH
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS J6Fe03Q
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Y8JrGzn

McNally will return...

Last edited by mrmike on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrmike
mrmike

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:11 pm
The Story
In the morning, Charlie gave McNally a ride to Vic's Auto Sales & Service. He thanks Charlie for the ride and he goes to the showroom door and knocks on it. Vic opens the door and lets McNally in with a question about where his car is and he is told that the Police have confiscated it and he is in need of wheels and "Big Bertha". His Jeep was out of commission and his father's '57 Ford 300 was still in storage. Vic leads McNally to his office in the back and he pulls a large wooden box from his gun safe and the box contains a Smith & Wesson Model 500 .50 caliber handgun with an 8 inch barrel and Pachmayr rubber grips.
Vic loads the gun as McNally puts on the shoulder holster and then Vic checks his computer inventory for a car for his friend. In the Service Manager's office, he grabs a set of keys and a temporary plate and leads the Boston PI out to the back lot and a '96 Impala SS. He just took the car in on trade and he cautions his friend to go easy on the car. "Now, go get the guy who is framing you!"

The Build
I changed my mind on the paint. After looking at several photos online, I will paint the Impala SS with Tamiya TS-11 Maroon with Tamiya TS-65 Pearl Clear. Since the grille, alternator and condenser were chrome plated, a bath in Easy-Off Oven Cleaner removed that chrome.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS WGpTWBv
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS E63Kkyx
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Z6fuqXh

McNally will return...
Webby
Webby
Location : Strathpine, Australia on a built over WW2 airstrip.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am
I dig it! I've just revisted my convertile conversion of the same kit. You've got me thinking on the RWL tyres now!
mrmike
mrmike

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm
Thanks webby!  I wasn't too sure about the RWL tires, but the idea intrigued me.  If I don't like them, I can wipe the tires off and go with the blackwalls.
mrmike
mrmike

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 am
The Story
McNally drives out to Brookline to see Alexander Cannon for anything he might know. Cannon had hoped that McNally had arrived for breakfast that was promised, but he wanted to talk about last night's incident. Cannon noted that McNally's ex-girlfriend was the prosecutor on the case and he also noticed the large .500 caliber handgun under McNally's left shoulder. Cannon offers him help to find the person who framing him and McNally thanks him for the help. McNally decides to investigate his late client as a starting point and see where it leads him.
Later that morning, Cannon calls McNally to tell him that he is in good standing with the other bosses he knows around New England. If he hears anything, he will contact McNally. A short time later and he gets a call from Lt. Det. Troy telling him his alibi had checked out. A man was seen leaving the scene of the crime in an orange Dodge Charger like McNally's and he would have to find the car. There should be two bullet holes in the car somewhere if Det. Darvell hit the car at all since he is not a good shooter.

The Build
Someone named Joe told me that the engine block and oil pan was painted black instead of the steel I had used. I went and painted the engine block, heads, water pump and oil pan black. I should have painted only the engine block and oil pan, but I got carried away and painted it all except for the intake manifold and transmission. I had move the hood aside and noticed that the mounting pin was missing from the hood. Since I have this small pile of scrap plastic on the bench, I rummaged around and found a suitable piece for a replacement.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS DINVqcR
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4RhsvZE
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS V1JA0wX

McNally will return...
mrmike
mrmike

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:09 pm
The Story
ADA Scotson knocks on Lt. Det. Troy's door and he waves her in.  She wants to know of the detective's name who messed up the arrest.  Lt. Det. Troy says no name since it could possibly affect the outcome of future court cases that detective has.  The ADA says she could figure out the detective's name and Adam says again, no name.  She leaves his office in a huff!
Since McNally is driving around in a car supplied to him by his buddy Vic, he needs to find out the person framing him in a hurry and return the car to Vic in one piece.  Vic had asked about the Smith & Wesson Model 500 .50 Caliber handgun and where did he find it?  It was hidden by an arms dealer that McNally helped bust several years ago with the ATF.

The Build

I sprayed the body and hood with Tamiya Light Grey Primer and the wheels got a couple coats of Testors Dull Coat lacquer.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS NtxUahr
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS LJ8SC0F
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS HieYyar

McNally will return...

Last edited by mrmike on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrmike
mrmike

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:48 pm
The Story
McNally decides to investigate his late client and maybe a clue will find him. He talks with Jonathan Trenton's family and friends and they tell him how Jonathan's ex-wife Carla had falsely put him through the ringer in court. McNally then talks to one of Carla's ex-girlfriends who tells him that Carla wanted more than what Jonathan could ever give her as far as money and the house was concerned. All this talk really moved the Boston PI closer to finding the person responsible, but there was no real evidence to support it. If he had found the responsible party, his accusations wouldn't hold up in court without proper evidence in hand.

The Build
The chassis is nearly complete. I just need to add the rear shocks when they are dry and insert the body and interior. I want a true '96 Impala SS and I found a shifter for the console and painted it flat black. These old Impala SS had the shifter on the steering column and in 1996, Chevrolet put the shifter on the console. This will be added before the interior and chassis meet up with the body.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS ICYZ7rj
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS EGVbEUm
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 3kpOcGe

McNally will return...
mrmike
mrmike

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 pm
The Story
Lt. Det. Troy had finally had enough of Det. Steven Darvell's poor investigative skills and he called the Internal Affairs Bureau. He knew this would make Darvell very unhappy with him, but the poor investigation or lack thereof, was more than he could take. A Sgt. William Bolanden arrives and asks for Lt. Det. Troy and Darvell points to Adam sitting in his office. After 10 minutes of talking, Sgt. Bolanden takes Darvell into an interview room to discuss the matter at hand...Darvell's poor performance on the job. After the interview, they walk out of the interview room and Darvell is angry, and very hungry as he had missed his supper and Lt. Det. Troy had already left for the day.
He walks back to his small desk and he puts on his coat and his wants to throw the Procedure and Policy Manual in the trash that Lt. Troy had given him, but he tucks it under his arm and leaves the Squad Room heading to a chicken joint for a bucket of chicken and a package store for a rack of beer.

The Build
I had to stop at the local hobby shop for some paint and I found a can of Tamiya Grey that I liked for the interior and a can of Plymouth Prowler Purple Metallic that looks close to the Maroon Metallic that I want on the Impala SS. I swore that I would never buy any purple since it is not one of my favorite colors. Maybe my tastes are changing as I grow older...
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 5yCo42D
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS KXM2yXS
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Tncql32

McNally will return...
mrmike
mrmike

Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:49 pm
The Story
As McNally drives home, his cellphone rings and he answers a call from Sgt. Det. Bolanden of the Internal Affairs Bureau and he is investigating Det. Darvell's arrest of McNally. He tells the Sergeant that he was out of town all day and how he was treated without being told of his Miranda Rights. Bolanden asks were he was at the time of the murder and McNally was out on Route 2 having left his ex-partner's wife home out in Templeton, MA and he was headed towards Boston and that his ex-partner was deceased. Sgt. Det. Bolanden remembers the funeral for Det. Daniel Carlisle. He tells Sgt. Det. Bolanden that Det. Darvell probably didn't investigate any crime and arrested McNally because he doesn't like him since he is friends with Lt. Det. Adam Troy. McNally is asked why Det. Darvell dislikes him so much and the Boston PI suspects that it is jealously on Darvell's behalf.
Sgt. Det. Bolanden thanks McNally for talking with him.

The Build
I painted the interior and assembled it today during the Classic Plastic Model Club Build-A-Thon. While the paint booth was up and running, I painted the Impala SS body with Model Master Plymouth Prowler Purple Metallic.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS RIByLxR
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 9WZeObf
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS QQZ4dSl

McNally will return...
mrmike
mrmike

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:06 pm
The Story
McNally is making breakfast for himself when he hears the doorbell ringing and he answers the door to Lt. Det. Adam Troy. Adam needs to spend some time on the street investigating and McNally's case would be good for him to work on. McNally finishes his breakfast and places the empty dishes in the dishwasher and he puts on the shoulder harness for the large Smith & Wesson Model 500 .50 cal pistol. Adam asks about the gun and McNally just smiles at him and they walk out of the house with Adam never asking about the huge gun aagain and they get into Adam's Dodge Charger PPV. Their first stop was at sports cars dealers that rent out sports cars.

The Build
I started detailing the Impala SS with my Sharpies and some Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS GHCITnM
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS YVvAWTS
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Wa8xKFB

More Impala to come...
mrmike
mrmike

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 pm
The Story
McNally and Lt. Det. Troy stop at Boston Sports Cars LLC and inquire about an orange sports car that was recently return. They talk to a saleswoman by the name of Amanda who is dressed in a low cut top, a very short skirt with stiletto heels and a surgically enhanced body and they ask her about a sports car that may have been returned recently. She tells them of an orange Dodge Charger R/T with a black side stripe that was returned in that morning by a Donald Bishall and they need to see the car. The car is in the service bay and not serviced yet and has two bullet holes in the left rear C pillar from Det. Darvell's Glock. McNally inspects the trunk and he finds a Colt .45 automatic wrapped in a dark blue jacket in the spare tire well.
Lt. Det. Troy calls for a tow truck from Headquarters and then he goes to his car for evidence bags for the gun and the jacket. The car is marked as evidence by Lt. Det. Troy and he writes out a receipt for the car.

The Build
I started assembling the Impala SS this afternoon. I need to fix the front of the hood where I messed up the paint.
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 9j4lTgN
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS JFsry8Y
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS VxdtToA

McNally will return...
mrmike
mrmike

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:38 pm
The Story

McNally and Lt. Det. Troy stop at Boston Sports Cars Ltd. and inquire about a rental that may have been returned and there was an orange Charger that had two bullet holes in the C Pillar of the car Det. Darvell's Glock. McNally searches the trunk and he finds a Colt .45 wrapped in a dark blue jacket in the spare tire well. Both are packaged as evidence in bags supplied by Lt. Det. Troy who writes out a receipt for the car and then he calls BPD for a tow truck to take the vehicle down to Forensics. That night, they stop at Carla Trenton's house to question her and her boyfriend Donny Bishell about the Charger and the Colt .45 they found with Donny's fingerprints on the gun and Carla announcing her plans for a long vacation with her ex's money. Donny tries to fight his way out of the arrest and McNally shoots his in the chest with his Smith & Wesson Model 500 .50 cal handgun after Donny tries to kill McNally with a broken wine bottle.

Carla gives up a name that surprises everyone...State District Attorney Anthony Balling! His hatred of McNally had pushed him over the edge and he tried to have McNally killed without anyone knowing that he wanted McNally dead. The following night, armed with search and arrest warrants, the Massachusetts State Police arrest Balling who pleads innocent to Conspiracy to Commit Murder and McNally watched Balling in handcuffs be placed in a State Police Cruiser and taken to jail. McNally returned the Impala SS to Vic, got his Charger out of Police Impound, told off Caitlyn and started to rebuild his reputation.

The Build

I have finished my '96 Impala SS. Thanks to all who have viewed and commneted on my WIP.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum