All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dave from Pleasanton
Dave from Pleasanton

Helpful YouTube channel  - Barbatos Rex Empty Helpful YouTube channel - Barbatos Rex

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:03 pm
I've been watching some YouTube channels and for the most part they are awful. They might be great modelers but they aren't good at making a watchable video. Dirk's is one of the best I've found when it comes to watching a build go together. Barbatos Rex is a whole different kettle of fish. He tests lots of paints; from cheap rattle cans to expensive and esoteric brands. He is primarily an air-brusher so his focus is on that. Wondering if $1 craft paints are worth it, he's done it. Wonder what Tamiya clears look like over various base colors, he's done it. Metal type paints (Alclad, etc) he's done lots. Cheap $10, $15, & $20 air-brushes, yep done that too. Not only does he show you what he's doing, he explains how much he thins and which thinner he uses for the various paints. If he doesn't like a paint he tells you. He's also done a comparison of 10 different decal setting solutions. So far because of his recommendations during various videos I've bought a dehydrator (love it, wish I had it a long time ago), decal setting & softer solutions (haven't used them yet), sprue cutter (should arrive Saturday), Alclad polished brass (coming from Europe so probably late March), and a cheap watchmakers vise (coming from China so lets just say someday).

Barbatos Rex YouTube Channel
dublin boy
dublin boy

Helpful YouTube channel  - Barbatos Rex Empty Re: Helpful YouTube channel - Barbatos Rex

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:28 pm
Good to hear from you Dave.

Plenty of interesting stuff there, thanks.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum