All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beowulf
beowulf

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana Empty BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:32 pm
kind of glad to get this finished..........truely ancient kit, decals were mullered, a few bits missing.......more proof of why struggle with aircraft, got bored with filling and sanding, and i really dislike masking

plan was to do a Ecuador AF bird since i had a FCM decal sheet which includes a FAE Jaguar but someone i know was kind enough to supply a better set of decals.....although i still had problems with the tail flash and had to resort to the FCM ones....which is sort of ok cos this is aircraft serial 260 and i have a pic of 262 with the small flash

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 135

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 232

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 331

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 428

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 527

and the usual Standardised Unit of Comparison

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana 623
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana Empty Re: BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 am
Despite the problems I think it looks great Paul.

Wasn't the Stikemaster a later variation of the Jet Provost?
beowulf
beowulf

BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana Empty Re: BAC Strikemaster, Airfix, 1/72, Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:39 pm
Al. wrote:Despite the problems I think it looks great Paul.

Wasn't the Stikemaster a later variation of the Jet Provost?

where as the provost was pure trainer, the strikemaster was the ground attack/counter insurgancy version, with a hotter engine for more go, and more hard points for stores, carried more fuel, etc
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum