All Scale Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 Empty MiG-15 Cold War Jet

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 pm
This one was something of a disaster from start to finish and I'm not happy with it at all. In fact I nearly didn't post the finished model.

It's obviously designed to 'have all hatches open' as none of them fit well at all. I don't like that sort of display so decided  to close most of them. BIG mistake.

The avionics bay, the under belly gun bay, the canopy, the rear air brakes (?) and even the rear of the fuselage are all a poor fit. The engine cannot be fitted to the front fuselage if you want to have the engine in and the rear fuselage removable, as the engine simply will not fit in the rear fuselage!!!

In addition I was originaly going to use Tamiya Panel Line Accent Colour on the panel lines, as pre-shading but forgot all about it until the paint was on. Being a metalizer, the accent colour wouldn't flow in the panel lines after the paint was applied. I considered clear coating but the panel lines were to shallow for that.

I totally lost interest in it about half way through and I'm afraid it shows but it will still find a place in the display cabinets.

My thanks must go to Chris (webby) for the engine display stand, it helps offset a very disappointing build.

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 00112

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 00312

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 00711

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 00811

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 01011

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 01111
dirkpitt289
dirkpitt289
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGuy/videos?flow=grid&vi

MiG-15 Cold War Jet	 Empty Re: MiG-15 Cold War Jet

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:31 pm
Stunning finnish
Al.
Al.
Admin
Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:23 am
Thanks Dirk. It's Alclad Airframe Alluminium.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum